Monday, July 15, 2013

Elves at birthdays?

Okay, so I haven't blogged for a while. I had planned on keeping this up, but I was kinda burnt out after the holiday season and then it just faded away. But I had to blog today, because there is news in the Elf world! I got an e-mail today announcing a new product from the Elf on the Shelf line. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. But I'll introduce it first.

It's called, The Elf on the Shelf: A Birthday Tradition. The e-mail says, "This season, a new Elf on the Shelf book will tell you all about how the scout elves celebrate birthdays in the North Pole-and explain how YOU can invite your elf to celebrate yours!"

A Birthday Tradition: Coming OCT 22


At first, I thought it was another doll. And I thought, "Oh, no!! If my kids see this in the store, it could break the spell of the Christmas Elf!" But then I read the teeny, tiny letters that said, "*Elf not included." Phew! But still, it's a Christmas thing. I know my kids would love to get a visit from their elf, Clyde, during the year, but then I'd have to dig him out of the Christmas storage boxes. Ugh!

I clicked on the Read More link to see what the details were.  Basically, the elves have their own special birthday traditions and Santa has given them special permission to share these traditions with their families, (that would be you and me and all us crazy Elf owners). I'd have to read the new book to decide if this is something I'd actually want to do. It comes with the cupcake costume and birthday hat to go on your Elf. A "festive birthday outfit", if you will. The new book and outfit don't come out until October 22nd. I guess my final verdict will have to wait until then.

What are your first impressions? Is this something that you would want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment