Monday, October 28, 2013

Are you ready for Elf season?

Halloween is 3 days away. Maybe it's too soon to start thinking about Elf on the Shelf, but I can't help it! Friends are posting on Facebook about listening to Christmas music, it's getting dark earlier and earlier, and there are Christmas decorations out in all the stores.

Just a few days ago, my husband and I innocently went into Bed, Bath, and Beyond to look at pots. And as we were leaving, we passed right by their Elf on the Shelf display. It lured me in with the new football jerseys and almost made us late to pick up the kids from school with it's Elf on the Shelf cocoa. Mmmmmm... cocoa...

Elf on the Shelf has several great new products this year. I don't think you need any of them, but I am really excited about the football jerseys. We're big college football fans. Specifically, the Oregon Ducks. The kids will be ridiculously excited when "Clyde" shows up dressed in his new football jersey to watch the Civil War with us! And, of course, all elves are Ducks fans. :D Okay, the jersey is red and white, not green and yellow, but I'll work around that by making some elf sized Oregon pennants. Maybe a little green O on Clyde's face. For all of you who happen to be fans of a team whose colors are red and white, then you've got it made. (Except for being fans of an inferior team. Hee hee hee!)

Here's what the adorable football jersey looks like:


The jersey is a sure thing on my to-buy-list. If you're interested in what else is out there, definitely check out Pottery Barn Kids website. They have a whole line of new, elf-inspired products. You could go crazy! I confess, I already purchased the cookie set with the matching aprons for your elf and your child. It was just too cute to pass up! Normally, I'm all about DIY, Dollar Tree, clearance table, etc. But I was looking for child-sized apron for my son anyways and there's no way I could make such a perfect, little football jersey myself. So, bravo, Elf on the Shelf, you got my money this time. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment