Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Books and weights. Maybe I should use books as weights! :)

Just a quick update. Finished The Messenger and now I have to wait for Son to be turned back into the library. The Flagstaff City Library is quite amazing. No late fees, you can renew as many times as you want, (unless there is a hold on a book and I put one on Son). It's pretty great. It's just annoying if you're waiting for a book and know that there really isn't anything pressing the one who has it checked out to return it. But the good news is that I had another book to read. And it was one from the BBC List! The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. I didn't know anything about this book before reading it, but if I did I would have read it sooner! I LOVED it! It is written in the perspective of a 15 year old boy with Asperger's Syndrome. I'm not sure how to explain it, but I understand the "rules" that people with Asperger's Syndrome prefer to live by. Each has their own, but I mean I appreciate the logic they use when coming up with them. The main character, Christopher, loves science and math, my two favorites. I also enjoyed the description of Jacob Hunt's life and rules in Jodi Picoult's book, House Rules. I didn't enjoy the plot. I figured out what happened long before it was revealed and I couldn't stand the way the people around Jacob acted. But I enjoyed Jacob. And I LOVE Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory. I'm the "Sheldon" of our family. :)

I've been running, but I need to do more. Cardio is great, but everything says that strength training is just as important. So, I've made up a nice list of exercises to do and I upgraded my hand weights to 8 lb ones. Now is a great time to pick up some new equipment and to refresh your workout wardrobe. Everything is new in stores and there are also many sales for New Year's Resolutions. I got my weights on sale. I'm also thinking of picking up some running capris and a new sports bra or two.
 
Time for bed!

January 9th. Miles Run: 13.4. Books Read: 4. BBC List: 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment