Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 7: Candyland

The kids are still home sick. And now I feel sick, too. But Clyde is all better and up to his fun tricks! According to the schedule, he was supposed to be knitting a scarf. That's all ready. (I used round toothpicks and embroidery floss. The little toothpicks just looked like the perfect double-pointed knitting needles to me!) But the activity to go along with it was for the kids to donate scarves to a charity. They have a giving tree at their school that I had planned for them to take a bunch of scarves I had whipped up to clear out some of my stash. (Hello, My name is Kristin and I am a yarn hoarder.)

But since the kids are still at home sick, they can't put scarves on the giving tree at school. They also need something to do to pass the time at home. So, I went with the classic elf game set up, Candyland! Almost every Elf on the Shelf idea list has this idea on it, so I don't know who to give the credit to.

 
Clyde went through some of the boxes in our garage to find Candyland and he brought some friends he found in the boxes with him. He also brought out Monopoly: Star Wars Edition and Battleship so the kids could play.





 The kids were very happy to have some of their games brought out. It's hard, when you move, to decided what to unpack and when. the kids have been asking for more stuff to get unpacked. So Clyde was on it! The scarf idea will just get shuffled to another day.

The clever, little elf set up his game on the shelf under the coffee table. And the kids set up their game on top of the coffee table. The kids spent quite a bit of time with their new/old game!




And just for fun, here's some pictures from the park yesterday:

Goof balls!

We have an appointment tomorrow morning at the pediatrician's office to check for strep. Hopefully, this will all pass soon and we can get back to normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment