Sunday, November 18, 2012

It's here! The 2012 Elf on the Shelf Ideas and Activities

OMG! I figured it out on my own!!! The "2012 Elf on the Shelf Ideas and Activities" quick-glance guide is now finished and available to download!!! Sorry, I'm a bit proud of myself for figuring it out. :) I'll have to assume it works, because we don't have a printer right now. A casualty of the move. Our old printer/copier/scanner thing was bulky and awkward. We didn't want to bother trying to figure out how to pack it. Maybe I'll head down to the library tomorrow and make sure it works. But I'm trusting that Google is probably on top of their stuff.

Don't forget that there are some things you will need to pick up that you might not have at home.


Also, make sure you know where your elf is. After stuffing yourself with stuffing, the last thing that you want to do is go hunting through the garage or attic or wherever you may have stashed your dear little elf. I managed to keep his box in plain sight without ruining the magic. "How?", you may ask. Pure laziness! Sometimes, it works in your favor! Last year, after Christmas, (or I guess it was actually earlier this year!), I didn't actually put him away. I stashed him under the unfolded laundry in a basket in my room. (Oops, DOUBLE laziness there! Ignore that, please.) My, (at the time) 5 year old came in while I was scrapbooking or something and said, "I know that Clyde didn't really go to the North Pole. He's back in that box." And I could honestly say that he wasn't! He didn't believe me. SO, I opened up the empty box! The look on his face was priceless! He was shocked that the elf wasn't there. and a little bit of magic was felt in the air. :) So, the moral of the story is: sometimes laziness totally pays off!

Now, after you're done printing off the guide and hunting for your elf, make sure your turkey is defrosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment