Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Elf on the Shelf Madness!

It's CHRISTMAS!!!! Well, almost. If almost-Thanksgiving is almost-Christmas, then... it's CHRISTMAS!!!!

Last year, we did Elf on the Shelf for the first time. Some days were great! And some nights were me trying to frantically figure out where to move "Clyde", our elf, for the next day. It was all worth it, though, when the kids woke up and were super excited to run around and find him. I'll never forget the looks of pure joy on their faces.



This year, I've decided to plan it all out ahead of time. That way, (hopefully!), there won't be any crazy-frantic-nights of trying to figure out where to put Clyde. Last year, we started out late. I didn't know until after I read the story in the book that the Elf is supposed to come the day after Thanksgiving. He came to our house in early December. It was hard enough to think of 20-something places/things to do with our elf, let alone 30-something! Thankfully, this year I have Pinterest! (I had it last year, but didn't utilize it to its full potential.)

I have also wanted to do an Advent calendar with activities. I had a flash of brilliance and decided to COMBINE Elf on the Shelf WITH the Advent activities. Each day, Clyde will show up doing something fun and will also have a card with an activity on it for the kids to do that day. Clyde's activity will be a hint as to what the kids will be doing that day.

Yes, this is a lot of work. And, yes, I am crazy! And, yes, there is no way you have the time or energy to figure this all out. But don't worry!!! I already did!! You just have to copy me!! I'm going to post each day's elf position and kid activity. Obviously, you don't have to do all of them, (or any of them), but I hope you have a fun time following along.

I will always strive to post the original link for the ideas I got from someone else. Sometimes, they are hard to track down, because they have been rebloged or reposted so many times. I have also used some ideas as inspiration for my own variation. And, yes, I've come up with some ideas completely on my own.

I hope you enjoy this blog and show all your friends! Or hide it from all your friends, because you want to keep all the great ideas to yourself. :D Hee, hee, hee!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment