Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 1 - Familiar spot, fun treat

HE'S HERE!!! Elf season is upon us!!!



And I almost missed it! That's right, me, the one who actually has a blog about Elf on the Shelf, almost completely forgot about it! After spending the whole day in the kitchen cooking for Thanksgiving, I went to bed early. I was exhausted. I have been exhausted almost everyday for two weeks. You see, we just moved 1,200 miles. It was a very quick move, too! Started packing our old house on a Saturday, the movers loaded up the van on the following Wednesday, we drove through three states and landed at our new house on the next Saturday. Spent two nights sleeping on the floor. Unpacked, unpacked, and unpacked some more. Then Thanksgiving. I needed some sleep.

Many people decide to start Elf on the Shelf on December 1st even though the official story says that the elves arrive in their families' homes on the day after Thanksgiving. And after this busy Thanksgiving, I definitely understand why starting on Dec 1st is better. But when we started a few years ago, we followed the book. So, we still follow the book.

Thankfully, when my husband came to bed, I woke up. And I remembered about our elf! Day 1 is always easy. Our little Clyde always appears in the dining room. Usually on the dining room light, but that wouldn't work with the one in our new house. So, he chose to sit on the table instead. He's such a nice, little elf! He even brought us breakfast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment