Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 20: Making cookies for the neighbors


My husband told me that some of the nurses he works with were asking about Elf on the Shelf. They were wondering what this whole thing is about, so he directed them to my site. Now, they are super excited to get started. Don't worry, it's not too late! It's never to late to start a fun tradition with your family.

This morning, Clyde appeared in a beautiful snowman cookie jar. I'm not really sure where the cookie jar came from. Either I bought it so long ago that I forgot about or, more likely, it's my mom's and we accidentally packed it when we moved. Oops! It does match her Christmas china. Don't worry, mom, we'll return it!

Here's what the cookie jar looks like with it's head on.

So, now that everyone is well, Clyde thought it was time for us to go back to the cookies for the neighbors idea.

Once the kids got home from school, we got to work mixing up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. It was the first time we've baked cookies at 7000 ft. I made sure to follow the high altitude directions!

Katie, too!

Don't forget the chocolate chips!
The high altitude recipe produced really yummy, beautiful cookies! Yay!!!

I picked up a cute tin to deliver the cookies in from Dollar Tree. I can't say enough how much I love that place!!!! I'll post pics of the kids delivering them later. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment