Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 23: Funny looking stockings.

We haven't been able to find Matthew's stocking. I don't know if it didn't make the move or if it is hidden away in a box in the garage. So, I have been searching store to store to find one that matches the girls'. They are just the basic red and white Santa outfit-like kind. But I haven't been able to find an exact match. I finally caved yesterday and bought one that is almost the same.

I stayed up really late last night wrapping presents. And when it was time to move Clyde, I was tired and just wanted to do something simple. Enter the underwear! I decided to do the funny trick where the elf switches out the stockings for underwear. Some advice though, plan ahead and get the underwear out of their drawers earlier in the day. I had to sneak into their rooms while they were sleeping. With the littles, it was easy. They are really heavy sleepers. I used my phone as a light source as I dug through their messy drawers to find some undies. No problem. Jillian is a light sleeper. Her clothes are on shelves in her closet. I almost got caught! I held my phone against my shirt to block the light and held as still as possible until she rolled over and went back to sleep. But it all worked out. :)

I did forget to cut a ring off Clyde's paper chain countdown. But I did it later in the day, when the kids were busy watching the snow blow through the back yard. A few minutes later, I casually asked how many days were left until Christmas. They informed me that there were 10, but that there were 11 rings on Clyde's paper chain. And to prove it, Katie walked over to the chain and counted them. She counted them 3 times! And she couldn't believe that there were only 10! They had all counted them this morning and there had been 11! They were all impressed with Elf Magic. It was really cute. :)

Don't worry, I have already cut a ring off for tomorrow. Hopefully, I won't forget that again. I'm sure I'll forget something else. You'll have to wait and see what that will be. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment